Many thanks to EVERYONE who helped make Saturday’s Papercrafters’ Garage Sale our best ever! We were excited to see so many NEW faces (welcome to our newest blog readers!) as well as lots of our old friends. Even the weather cooperated fully to make the day perfect!
Shoppers, we appreciate your patience and good humor as you waited in line, and your help in sorting your items so we could ring them quickly; we hope you made some new friends and are thrilled with your bargains.
Vendors, you did an AWESOME job of labeling your items clearly with prices and vendor numbers; we are truly grateful for your clarity and conscientiousness. Gift cards should be ready for pick up on Thursday evening; we will send you an official email when they’re in the store.
Stay tuned for a “Save the Date” announcement about the Anniversary Party, which will be held at the beginning of November. Can’t wait to see you all again! In the meantime, you can shop the Paper Anthology Online Store 24/7; the brick and mortar store is open Mondays 10-2; Tuesdays 10-5; Thursday and Friday evenings from 5-9pm and Saturdays 10-5.
Mum’s the word! (JUST KIDDING!) Tell all your papercrafting, bargain-loving friends to get to Paper Anthology TODAY (9-24-22) for our annual Papercrafters’ Garage Sale. We’ve got gently used papercrafting supplies of all kinds from more than two dozen vendors. There are stamps and dies, paper and ribbons, inks and paints and pencils and… well, there are just too many cool things to list, so you really should stop by and see us at 717 US Highway 46 in Kenvil, NJ (<–click this link for an interactive version of the map below).
We’re open from 10am to 5pm. Bring a reusable bag (or two!) and wear your most comfortable shoes. Punch-card holders, please be aware that punches will not be awarded, nor completed punch-cards redeemed today.
What are you doing on Saturday, September 24th? If you’re a bargain-loving papercrafter within driving distance of Morris County, New Jersey, we have a REALLY great suggestion!
WHAT: The famous Paper Anthology Papercrafters’ Garage Sale!
WHEN: Saturday, September 24, 2022 10am-5pm
WHERE: At Paper Anthology, 717 US Highway 46, Kenvil, NJ 07847 (<< click link for map!)
WHO: Thirty vendors… the most ever!
WHY: Because we all looooooooove bargains, right?!
BRING: Your own bag!!!
If you’ve never been to Paper Anthology, this once-a-year event is definitely worth the trip! In addition to our amazing selection of brand new stamps, dies, stencils, paper, embellishments, paint, ink, embossing powder and pretty much anything else your papercrafting heart desires; this sale offers a unique opportunity to purchase gently used items at bargain prices. What amazing goodies will our THIRTY (yes, 30!) vendors be bringing along? The only way to find out is to come to the sale! Wear comfy shoes (there’s LOTS to see!) and please bring your own reusable bags. Just a reminder that this is one of the few days in our year that we don’t award punches on loyalty cards.
Reminder of Vendor Info
If you signed up in June to be a vendor, here’s a recap of the important points to remember. If you missed the sign-up phase, make sure to subscribe to the blog, so you’ll get the notice directly to your inbox next June, and you can be a vendor next year!
1. Each vendor was given an individual number, which must be marked CLEARLY on all your items. If you’re not absolutely sure what your number was, do take a minute to call the store (at 973- 927-1210) or email elisabeth@paperanthology to check. If the wrong number is on your items, your sales will be allocated to the person who has that number!!! The employees working the sale have NO way of detecting wrongly labelled items!
2. Sale items may be dropped off no earlier than the Saturday before the sale (9.17.22) and picked up no later than the Saturday after the sale (10.1.22).
3. All sale items must be CLEARLY MARKED with your vendor number and your price. Yes, we have mentioned this before, but experience has taught us that it’s impossible to overstress the importance of clarity! If the cash register operator cannot decipher your price, they will have to GUESS. If they cannot decipher your vendor number, the sale will be recorded to Paper Anthology. We highly recommend un-smudge-able ink and nice sturdy stickers.
4. Prices must end in .25 cents, .50 cents, .75 cents or .00! If you have a bunch of items you’d like to price at .10 cents each, group them together in a little bag! (Grab bags and “collections” of miscellaneous paper or embellies generally sell really well; we all love a “surprise” assortment, right?)
5. Buyers will be able to pay for all their items in one transaction, and the amounts due to each vendor will be recorded at the register. At the end of the day, each vendor’s sales will be tallied and the total, less 5% vending fee, will be presented to you, the following week, in the form of a Paper Anthology Gift Card.
6. If you drop off your items in bags, boxes or bins that you want back, please label them with your last name, so we can be sure to keep them straight. If you’re kind enough to lend tables, the same thing applies! (And thank you very much!)
Once again, If you have any questions at all, feel free to call the store (at 973- 927-1210) or email elisabeth@paperanthology to check; we want you to make LOTS of money while you clear out your older goodies!
Have you heard the news? There’s a brand new product from Tim Holtz and Ranger: Distress Watercolor Pencils, and we think you’ll be as excited as we are! They come in three sets of twelve pencils, and feature all of your favorite Distress shades. Play the video above to see Tim introduce and demonstrate this new item. We’ve already ordered them and they’ll arrive any day; feel free to email email@example.com to reserve your choice. PS: If you need a good sharpener, this one from Faber-Castell is our fave!
Set One features: PICKED RASPBERRY, FIRED BRICK, RUSTY HINGE, MUSTARD SEED, PEELED PAINT, SALVAGED PATINA, SPECKLED EGG, SALTY OCEAN, VILLAINOUS POTION, WALNUT STAIN, BLACK SOOT and PICKET FENCE.
Set Two includes: KITSCH FLAMINGO, BARN DOOR, SPICED MARMALADE, FOSSILIZED AMBER, CRACKED PISTACHIO, TWISTED CITRON, MERMAID LAGOON, ICED SPRUCE, PRIZE RIBBON, SEEDLESS PRESERVES, ANTIQUE LINEN and VINTAGE PHOTO.
Set Three contains: TATTERED ROSE, CANDIED APPLE, CRACKLING CAMPFIRE, WILD HONEY, CRUSHED OLIVE, RUSTIC WILDERNESS, PEACOCK FEATHERS, TUMBLED GLASS, FADED JEANS, SHADED LILAC, FRAYED BURLAP and HICKORY SMOKE.
Paper Anthology will be closed Saturday, September 3rd through Monday, September 5th in observance of Labor Day. You can shop during regular hours on Thursday and Friday evenings, September 1st and 2nd, from 5-9pm and all day (10am to 5pm) on Tuesday, September 6th. Wishing you a safe, happy and creative holiday weekend!
What’s the first thing we all said when we someone demonstrated heat embossing? WOW! And WOW Embossing Powders continue to do everything possible to help crafters create that feeling. They have a huge selection of colors and finishes (at last count we have nearly 40 varieties in stock at Paper Anthology!) but also, did you know they have an amazing collection of videos showing everything from the most basic procedures to incredibly creative and artistic techniques? In this post we’ve collected just a few of our favorites to get you started! PS: Our entire stock of WOW products is now available in the online store; or stop by to see them all in person!
Then there’s loads of great Halloween stuff like the Giant Trick or Treat Die (see below), FANG-tastically adorable Bats, and a wonderful Nighttime Sky Stencil that can obviously be used all year long, but seems PERFECT for Halloween!
You should probably stop in to see everything and check out all the gorgeous samples, but all of these items and more are LIVE in the online store. Locals, remember you can order online and choose “In-Store Pickup” to avoid paying for shipping!
To sign up for classes, stop in at the store, or call us at (973) 927-1210 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat. Only cash or check payment is accepted for class fees. Please make checks payable to Elisabeth Ostrowski.